Yii 3.0 framework changes
It looks like Yii framework version is on the finish line now.
You can see actual repo here.
Full list of changes:
- PHP requirements were raised to 7.1. Make sure your code is updated accordingly.
- Yii switches to semver since 3.0.
- Framework GitHub repository and Packagist package are renamed and split into parts:
- yiisoft/core – this package, the framework core.
- Yii 2.0 development stays at yiisoft/yii2 repository. Bug and security fixes are expected. New features abd enhancements are not accepted. Pull requests and maintainers are very welcome.
- yiisoft/di – PSR-11 compatible Dependency Injection container.
- yiisoft/log – PSR-3 compatible logging library.
- yiisoft/cache – PSR-16 compatible caching library.
- yiisoft/db – DataBase abstraction and ActiveRecord.
- yiisoft/rbac – Role Base Access Control library.
- yiisoft/yii-web – web application.
- yiisoft/yii-rest – REST API application.
- yiisoft/yii-console – console application.
- yiisoft/yii-jquery – JQuery extension.
- yiisoft/yii-maskedinput – Masked input field widget.
- yiisoft/yii-captcha – CAPTCHA extension.
- yiisoft/yii-mssql – MSSQL Server DB extension.
- yiisoft/yii-oracle – Oracle DB extension.
- Please check Package naming convention to get an idea about package names.
- More PSR compatibility.
- Framework core requires only virtual PSR implementation packages, you are free to choose your logger and cache implementations. More PSR implementations compatibility is expected later.
- Dropped Yii own class autoloader in favor of the one provided with Composer.
Module, DI container is used instead.
- All the configuration made explicit in
configfolders of all the packages and recommended to be used with composer-config-plugin.
- yii\base\Configurable interface and logic are removed in favour of DI and yii\di\Initiable interface.
- No advanced app anymore. Basic application became [yii-app].
- Application nesting is allowed due to explicit configuration and composer-config-plugin.